Monday, January 12, 2009

Introductions are due

Hello All,

My Name is Sam Kusek and I will be the sole writer of this blog, which I've aptly named "Damage -> MP". If you haven't guessed by the name, this blog is about nerdy things. Namely Comics, Manga, Video Games, Bad Scifi Movies, Good Scifi Movies, Television, and probably more comics and manga.

Before I start writing though, let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a 21 year old College Student, living in Boston, MA. I attend Emerson College, where I am pursuing a degree in Marketing Communications with a Minor in Pyschology. In lamans terms, I want to sell you things you may or may not need. Someone's gotta do it. Aside from my academic ventures, I am a coneseour of all things nerdy. My main interest is in Manga, however, my interest in American comics is increasing rather quickly. I write for an online publication called Manga Recon (link provided: http://popcultureshock.com/manga/index.php/author/sam/). Its a great gig and its certainly gotten me started, but it often times leaves me yearning for more. I have read so many series and have so many opinions that I thought this would be a good chance to voice some of them and get my ideas out there. So in essence, this blog is a chance for me to enlighten you on the world of Manga and Comics, as well as Video Games and other nerdy things I encounter. To start, here is a list of favorites that I have so far:

Manga:
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
-Law of Ueki
-DragonBall
-Eyeshield 21
-Cyborg 009

Comics:
-Unlikely by Jeffery Brown
-The Dark Knight Strikes Back by Frank Miller
-Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? by Liz Prince
-Civil War

Video Games:
-Legend of Mana
-Persona 3
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
-Pokemon Red & Blue
-Chrono Trigger
-Legend of the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
-Katamari Damacy

Films:
-Brick
-Mystery Science Theatre 3000 The Movie
-Metropolis ( The Osamu Tezuka Verison)
-Wet Hot American Summer
-The Warriors
-Battle Royale

So sit back and enjoy the intensive ride of Nerddom. I hope you enjoy my views on all things nerdy and would love to hear some feedback from you all, as well as converse with someone of you.

Sam

1 comment:

  1. Katamari is addicting! And as for films, you should include "anything with Michael Cera" including Clark and Michael. Which isn't really a film, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete